The Junior Helpdesk officer will be responsible for providing end users with technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware. He/she will be the first point of contact and will either troubleshoot him/herself or redirect queries to the adequate resolution channel.
The jobholder will also develop his/her technological skillset and manage IT platforms and projects.
Main activities and responsibilities
First level helpdesk support
- First point of contact, answer phone call and mails
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Redirect unresolved issues to the next level of support
- Redirect problems to correct resource
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
Managing helpdesk tracking software (Service Desk Plus or other)
- Create & assign tickets
- Document ticket & solution
- Follow up with end-users
Equipment (workstations, laptops, mobile phones, printers)
- Receive & control computer equipment
- Install, test & configure
- Modify configurations & software settings
- Perform hardware & software upgrades
Assist with onboarding of new users
- Access control registration
- Help user for the first connection & provide user training
Education and experience:
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent education level
- Office 365, iOS in a global corporate environment
- Client PC connectivity, Ethernet, TCP/IP
- 3 years of IT helpdesk/support work experience, preferably in financial institutions.
Assist with Projects & Level 2 support
- Assist and manage some IT projects, tests, evaluation of products
- Provide Level 2 support on some platforms (cloud, on-premise app, etc..)
Qualifications and skills:
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritize
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer orientation
- Ability to understand and interact with VIP
- Agile and flexible mindset, reactive to requests, open to learn
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interact with colleagues of diverse cultures; respect for diversity
- Good IT skills; proficiency in Windows environment is expected
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and French is required; knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Swiss or EU national or holder of a valid Swiss work permit.